Key Note Speaker:
Bryan O. Buckley, MPH
Bryan O. Buckley, MPH is a Patient Safety & Quality Manager for the Michigan Health & Hospital Keystone Center for Patient Safety & Quality. He is responsible for the facilitation of multiple patient-safety and quality-improvement efforts and uses a variety of improvement methodologies and group management techniques to support individuals and teams through process improvement initiatives. Mr. Buckley received his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and a Masters of Public Health with a concentration in Infectious Diseases and Administration at Michigan State University. He has had previous experience working in the field of advocacy and epidemiology on the local, state, and international level for the past six years. In Michigan, he serves as a Board Member and Policy Chair for the Michigan Public Health Association. He is also on the Advisory Board for the Michigan State University & Grand Valley State University Public Health programs. He also worked with Michigan State University on its tobacco-free campus initiative as an Alumni Consultant. In the American Public Health Association, he serves as a Board Member of the Black Caucus of Health Workers, Chair-Elect, Governing Counselor, and Action Board representative for the Community Health Planning & Policy Development (CHPPD) section. Mr. Buckley has a great love for performance/quality improve, healthcare organizational change, healthcare management, system design, health policy, and implementation science. He believes we all have an obligation to help build systems for everyone to be physically, and emotionally healthy.
Break Out Sessions:
Breakout Session 1:
1. Organizational Lean Leadership by Dennis F. Cutright
2. Value to the Patient by Reducing Phlebotomy Wait Times at Henry Ford Hospital Out-Patient Phlebotomy Services by Ruan Varney from HFHS
Breakout Session 2:
1. The Integrative Nurse in Value-Based Care - Lean as an Enabler by Ron Crabtree & Denise Ervin
2. How do you provide the very best non-profit mental health services in a world of diminishing funds and ever-increasing regulations and demands? You apply the Lean process of Continuous Quality Improvement! By Renee Huff & Denise Sluss
Breakout Session 3:
1. MDI-Metered Dose Inhaler or Managing Daily Improvement By Jody Kinney from Spectrum Health
2. The Marshmallow Challenge & The PDCA Cycle by Patrick Adams
3. “ReThink” Continuous Improvement Curriculum 1 Day Training by Larry Frydrych from HAP
More information & an agenda coming soon!
Click here for local hotel information and discount rates!
NOTE: Membership fee is $90 and if you become a member today or by the event you only pay the member registration fee of $40 for this event.
READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE REGISTERING!
Click below for...
The Keynote Speaker Line-up
Optional Pre-Conference Networking Brewery Event Information
Optional Sailing Charter Networking Event Information - Limit 55 people
Hotel Information - BOOK NOW!
Map of the Hagerty Center
Sponsor the Conference!
Early bird pricing ends June 1st!
How to register:
1. Log in as a MLC member and click the appropriate member type (if you are a member)
2. Select the active learning sessions you would like to attend (NOTE: if you choose to attend the new LEADERSHIP TRACK, DO NOT SELECT ANY OF THE ACTIVE LEARNING sessions.)
3. Select the optional sessions you’d like to attend (Tues. night, Wed. night, Friday morning)
4. Register guests if needed
5. Pay online or email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are sending a check.
Active Learning Session Options #1 - Select only one session when registering (Click each session for the description of the session and speaker bio):
1. Enabling Organizational Improvement Through Effective Change Management - Kevin Britton
2. They Call it Facilitation, but I Call it Fun! - Laura Kempf
3. Rapid Lasting Change Begins with Strong Leaders - Sara Miller
4. Linking Your Vision, Plan and People - Darrell Rogers
5. Roadmap to True North Case Study - Laurie Stark and Annelise Doll
6. Lean for Sale - Tony DeCaria
Active Learning Sessions Options #2 - Select only one session when registering (Click each session for the description of the session and speaker bio):
1. Lean Product Development - Matt Albin
2. Continuous Improvement Through Transformation Goal Alignment - Jeff Downs
3. Business Engag. in Lean Fac. Through Participation Centered Learning - Anne Engler & Mark Krebs
4. Creating New Business Processes - Patricia Malone
5. Is Your Compass Broken? - Amy Sequeira and Trina Poston
Active Learning Sessions Options #3 - Select only one session when registering (Click each session for the description of the session and speaker bio):
1. True North Secret Sauce - Larry Frydrych2. A Journey into the Inward Life - Art Hoekstra3. Kaizen 101 - Amy Long and Christine Muscat4. Building a Knowledge Org. through TWI and Lean - Jaime Portillo5. Gemba Management - Troy Tungate
Optional Workshop on Friday- Select only one session when registering (Click each session for the description of the session and speaker bio):
1. A System of Leadership - Dennis Sergent and Rob Pease
2. The 7 Quality Tools for Steering to True North - Ruth Archer
NEW Optional Leadership Track Program - Only room for 20 people! Click for details.
If you register for this Leadership Track, please DO NOT SELECT ANY ADDITIONAL BREAKOUT SESSIONS OR WORKSHOPS.
3 Breakout Sessions at the conference
1 Friday Workshop at the conference
If you have any issues with payment or registration, please email Lauren at email@example.com.