Key Note Speaker:
Bryan O. Buckley, MPH
Bryan O. Buckley, MPH is a Patient Safety & Quality Manager for the Michigan Health & Hospital Keystone Center for Patient Safety & Quality. He is responsible for the facilitation of multiple patient-safety and quality-improvement efforts and uses a variety of improvement methodologies and group management techniques to support individuals and teams through process improvement initiatives. Mr. Buckley received his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and a Masters of Public Health with a concentration in Infectious Diseases and Administration at Michigan State University. He has had previous experience working in the field of advocacy and epidemiology on the local, state, and international level for the past six years. In Michigan, he serves as a Board Member and Policy Chair for the Michigan Public Health Association. He is also on the Advisory Board for the Michigan State University & Grand Valley State University Public Health programs. He also worked with Michigan State University on its tobacco-free campus initiative as an Alumni Consultant. In the American Public Health Association, he serves as a Board Member of the Black Caucus of Health Workers, Chair-Elect, Governing Counselor, and Action Board representative for the Community Health Planning & Policy Development (CHPPD) section. Mr. Buckley has a great love for performance/quality improve, healthcare organizational change, healthcare management, system design, health policy, and implementation science. He believes we all have an obligation to help build systems for everyone to be physically, and emotionally healthy.
Break Out Sessions:
Breakout Session 1:
1. Organizational Lean Leadership by Dennis F. Cutright
2. Value to the Patient by Reducing Phlebotomy Wait Times at Henry Ford Hospital Out-Patient Phlebotomy Services by Ruan Varney from HFHS
Breakout Session 2:
1. The Integrative Nurse in Value-Based Care - Lean as an Enabler by Ron Crabtree & Denise Ervin
2. How do you provide the very best non-profit mental health services in a world of diminishing funds and ever-increasing regulations and demands? You apply the Lean process of Continuous Quality Improvement! By Renee Huff & Denise Sluss
Breakout Session 3:
1. MDI-Metered Dose Inhaler or Managing Daily Improvement By Jody Kinney from Spectrum Health
2. The Marshmallow Challenge & The PDCA Cycle by Patrick Adams
3. “ReThink” Continuous Improvement Curriculum 1 Day Training by Larry Frydrych from HAP
More information & an agenda coming soon!
Click here for local hotel information and discount rates!
NOTE: Membership fee is $90 and if you become a member today or by the event you only pay the member registration fee of $40 for this event.