This event is not-to-be-missed! The excitement is palpable. It is an opportunity to help, learn and provide input: Help the State of Michigan with some real world issues as explained by Lt. Governor Brian Calley, Learn from Menlo Innovations’ CEO and Provide Input to the MLC 2014 strategy. Following all of this exciting work is the holiday networking reception in the beautiful Michigan Library Atrium where you can network with colleagues in a relaxed, festive setting. Come help us celebrate an outstanding year!
Interact with one of Forbes’ top CEOs and learn about making the workplace an enJOYable place to be which is what all lean organizations strive for! Mr. Sheridan will share insights from his new book coming out this winter.
From kid programmer in 1971 to Forbes cover story in 2003, "outlier" Richard Sheridan (U-M grad BS Computer Science '80, MS Computer Engineering '82) has never shied from challenges, opportunities nor the limelight. While his focus has always been around technology, his passion is actually process, teamwork and organizational design, with one inordinately popular goal: the business value of joy! Sheridan is an avid reader and historian, and his software design and development team at Menlo Innovations didn't invent a new culture, but copied an old one ... Edison's Menlo Park New Jersey lab. Henry Ford's recreation of the Menlo Park Lab in Greenfield Village was a childhood inspiration!
Some call it agile, some call it lean ... Sheridan and his team call it joyful. And it produces results ... business and otherwise. Five Inc. magazine revenue growth awards, invites to the White House, speaking engagements around the nation, numerous articles and culture awards and so much interest they are doing a tour a day of the Menlo Software Factory™. Sheridan recently wrote a book called Joy, Inc. that shares all he has learned about the effect of a culture focused on Joy. Look for it on bookshelves near you starting December 26!
Custom software crafted by Menlo for its clients is designed for everyday people by Menlo's High-Tech Anthropologists®, built to last by Menlo's world-class agile software development team, and managed by a set of professional project managers listed among the nation's 50 Most Prolific by the Project Management Institute. Sheridan and Menlo have won numerous awards and honors, and he and his team regularly are invited to present nationally and internationally sharing the secrets of the Menlo Software Factory™ with all who wish to learn how to build a Learning Organization that can keep pace with today's advances in software and design.
A listing of awards and honors include:
- Inc.'s Top Small Company Workplace Winner 2011 (including cover story, June 2011)
- Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. Magazine 2006)
- Inc.'s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. Magazine 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)
- Fast Track Award (Washtenaw Development Council) (Five time winner)
- Top Small Workplaces - Finalist (Wall Street Journal & Winning Workplaces)
- Emerging Leader (Automation Alley)
- Cool Places to Work (Crain's)
- Alfred P. Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility (When Work Works) (Eight time winner)
- WORK/SPACES award for Creativity (Ann Arbor Business Review)
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Finalist (Ernst & Young)
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For - Elite Winner
- Leaders and Innovators (Lawrence Technical University)
- 50 Most Prolific Leaders in Project Management (Project Management Magazine)
- World's Most Democratic Organizations - WorldBlu (two time winner)
- IAESTE (International Association Engineering Students for Technical Education) Employer of the Year
Click here to view the reimbursement policy for all events.